Monday, September 7, 2009

Last Friday I went to a Gallery Stroll down on University Avenue in Provo. I had been to this particular block three or four times last year and had a great experience. This time though it was lacking and left me wishing there was more, most of the galleries that had been open last year had been closed down, granted there were 2 or 3 new shops but all in all there were fewer galleries to stroll and even fewer artworks to see. I dont know if it is because of the economy(reasoning for the boutiques closing) or because there are few who are interested or maybe even know that they are around. I would like to pose a challenge to the people who read this post, go to the gallery strolls around town and support your local artists. Not only is it a fun way to spend an evening, it is also free. See you there.

No comments:

Post a Comment