Monday, September 28, 2009

And this week, another assignment

I would just like to point out the difficulty level between both 3D and 2D artwork. If you havent tried 3D, you should. You have to look and think about something in a whole new way. Its not just a drawing where you put it down on a flat plain and it is what it is, you have to consider how light affects the piece, how the surroundings affect it. Its plain is the world and it reacts differently in different places (and in my case at different times of the day). When you work on something at 3am in the morning and you think your doing such a great job, that its the next marvel of the art world and when you get to class at 12pm and you set it up and you have a completely different view of it. Its embarrassing really, you start to wonder what you were thinking, how you could have even thought you were done or even. It never goes to plan but you hope for the best and those timid comments within the critique lift your spirits just enough to keep you moving on to the next project. Give it a try.

2 comments:

  1. when I took 3-D Studio the first year at the U of U I felt the same thing! It is a whole different aspect of how to look at art. I had no clue what i wanted to do on any of my project so most of them ended up not being the most favorite thing I have created. Now that I have been out of that class for 3 years I have plenty of ideas that I think would make a cool 3D piece...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Treavor, I so agree with you! It is one of my hardest classes. But I too have learned to look at 3d art in a new way. good luck on all your future projects

    ReplyDelete